How UX Decreased Manual Submissions By 100% with Zero User Errors
Case Study 1
Our largest client was submitting advertising assets in an extremely inefficient way leading to multiple lines of communication and increased management intensive work, which all lead to increased user errors.
So, we set a goal to decrease these manual ad submissions by 25% and make it easier to create and submit the mobile ads’ assets.
I lead my team in discovery to understand how users were submitting assets in order to streamline both our users’ and our employees’ experiences, ensuring campaigns were setup without any problems.
WHAT WE DISCOVERED
Data showed us our users were mostly submitting Ad Type A. User Research told us the users’ current process and how they create Ad Type A. We also completed user observations to see our users’ current process to understand how they submitted these assets.
From the data insights and user observations we created a prototype with Sketch + InVision to test our explorations with proxy users. Our explorations consisted of two components – one offline and one online.
The online component was the ability to drag and drop / upload the assets into a UI that would render the mobile ad in real-time. This ad would serve as a preview to verify the ad was created as expected and also serve as the actual ad for the mobile advertising campaign.
We also provided an enhanced offline experience by giving our users templated PSD files for our users to create the ad assets.
The actual product was built within one quarter and we decreased submissions for all ad types by 70% and we decreased Ad Type A by 100%!
USERS HAD NICE THINGS TO SAY
Our users were so happy they sent emails directly to our CEO.